Tuesday 6 March 2012

The sound of breaking dreams


Fallen from above
My head is out of the clouds
Waking up from a dream,
I dreamt I could fly

My ears can't stand the sound
Of dreams breaking in my hands
My eyes can't stand the sight
Of the wreckage of my soul

Waking up from a life in dreams
Is harder than you'd think
The truth came knocking on my door
Slapped my face and placed me here
In this burned down soul of mine

Everything I once believed in
Has been crashed to the ground
And all my friends I took for granted
Turned to faded memories
Of a life lived long ago

So now I'm laying in the ground
With my lost pride spread all around
I guess I'm running out of time
It slips away like sand, right through my hands
And I suppose I'll rise again..
Yes, Sometime I will..
Maybe.



1 comment:

Patricia Singleton said...

Healing gave me back my dreams. It can do that for you too. Keep on writing your way out of Hell.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...