Thursday 3 November 2011

Waiting

I sit here and gaze out across the sea
The wind playing through my hair
I wish and I wonder if it's possible
That vision of you and me.

Through my life I knew you were there
Waiting in your own shadows, hiding
On Austens tide you will ride in,
Your ship battered and broken.

I hear the waves crash on the rocky shore
And happy voices are all around
I'll do whatever I can to be with you
To walk along the beach hand in hand

So I will wait for that "someday"
And see what tomorrow will bring
As the sun sets across this land
I'll continue loving you come what may.

2 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Got me crying yet again - but don't stop! x

Beyond the tears said...

"Waiting" makes me remember how I was waiting for God to find me again after being lost to me. Or was I lost to God and he was waiting for me to find Him again?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...