Thursday 1 March 2012

Lost Within His Eyes


Eyes that speak a thousand words
bore deep into my soul
Oblivious to what he's never had,
the only life he knows.

Enveloped by the innocence
seen within his eyes
As I succumb to them now
whilst others ignore his cries.

Eyes that speak so many words
tear me deep inside
As I see this little boy
a part of whom has died

A life that's lost to him now
his innocence is gone
And society chooses to forget
where did it all go wrong.

His life was all but ended
and now he is aware
Of a life he never knew existed
until he himself lived there

I look into his eyes once more
His smile is happy and free
For now I know, am fully aware
That little boy was me.


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very moving and sombre and lyrical in the its pure simplicity!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...